The SATURN MPEG-2 Encoder is a single-channel encoder suited for applications such as:DSNG/Back-haul, Satellite Contribution and TNG.
BarcoNetMPEG-2 Encoder is a single-channel encoder suited for applications such as:DSNG/Back-haul, Satellite Contribution and TNG.
It has a fly-away design for easy transportation and set-up for event broadcasting and frontpanel control and presets. The unit supports both satellite interfaces (through the modulator) and terrestrial interfaces (through PDH/SDH network interfaces). Being DVB compliant and offering both QPSK, 8PSK and 16QAM modulation schemes, as well as both 4:2:2P and 4:2:0 encoding, the unit is future proof. This product has a low delay and support for DVB-DSNG and proprietary scrambling schemes and can be used with external modulators for both satellite and terrestial applications through the built-in ASI/SPI interface.
The composite video interface accepts a 525-line NTSC, or a 625-line PAL as well as PALplus formatted input signal. BarcoNetsupports a range of signals in the VBI:
- Teletext B
- Vertical Insertion Test Signal (VITS)
- Vertical Interval Time Codes (VITC)
- Insertion Data Signal (IDS)
- Program Delivery Control (PDC).
It is designed for customization. Two option slots are available:
- Digital component interface -270 Mbit/s serial 4:2:2 formatted component video (SDI) with a 525- line or 625-line video format and embedded audio and different ancillary data signals.
- Composite interface - The composite video interface in BarcoNetMPEG-2 encoder accepts a 525-line NTSC, or a 625- line PAL formatted input signal decoded using an advanced comb filter technique.
Audio & Data Interfaces
- Audio Analog and Digital AES/EBU and Auxiliary Data Interfaces
- Nx64kbit/s data channel
- RS-422/232 data channel (max. 38.4 kbaud)
- Terrestrial Interface -PDH/SDH/SONET on 2/34/45 Mbit/s network interfaces
- SPI/ASI interfaces
- Transport stream input (PDH, ASI)
<%=company%> 3240 Town Point Drive; Kennesaw, Georgia 30144. Phone: 770-590-3600; Fax: 770-590-3610.