As the newest member of the DigiLinx family of digital terminal equipment, the Skirt Generator inserts two 4:3 images into a single 16:9 frame
Sierra Video Systemsst member of the DigiLinx family of digital terminal equipment, the Skirt Generator inserts two 4:3 images into a single 16:9 frame.
The product was developed to solve the problem of having blank side panels on a 16:9 display when showing 4:3 material. With the FITN-100 Skirt Generator, two images are presented on the screen simultaneously.
The "skirt" section can display text, graphics or live video without
interfering with the main picture, and it can also be adjusted to the left or right side of the display. The main video is re-sampled to maintain proper aspect ratio.
The Skirt Generator is comprised of two single-slot DigiLinx modules: one module is a "re-scaler", and the other is a "mixer/inserter." The Skirt Generator fits conveniently in all DigiLinx™ frames.
Other features include a selectable border between the main image and the "skirt" area, border width and color. The color of the border is selected from a unique color pallet built into the product's firmware. An adjustment for the "start of line" is also included in the product. The new product accepts two digital video streams (SMPTE 259M).
- Video Input Standard: SMPTE 259M
- Video Input Connector: BNC female
- Video Input Return Loss: >15dB @ 270MHz(75 Ohm referenced)
- Video Input Range: Source must be within 200 meters of input when using Belden 8281 or equiv.
- Video Output Standard: SMPTE 259M
- Video Output Connector: BNC female
- Video Output Jitter: <350 picoseconds peak-to-peak with 10 Hz high pass filter
- Power Consumption: 5V, <1.5A ; 8V, <.5A; -8V, <0.15A
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 50 C, non-condensing
- Operating Humidity Range: 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
<%=company%>, P.O. Box 2462, Grass Valley, CA 95945. Tel: 530-478-1000; Fax: 530-478-1105.